Laser Welding Systems
Laser Welding Solutions and Advantages
Laser Beam Welding
Laser welding is an effective solution for industrial processes that will help to achieve strong and aesthetic welds using fewer resources.
Diodela is a manufacturer of innovative laser welding and laser cleaning machines. We offer multi-functional products for various industrial applications. Our laser systems are used in industrial processing, military, scientific research and aero-space all over the world.
High-strength welds: laser welding creates monolithic joints without filler metal.
Ultimate precision: the user can easily achieve a high level of accuracy even without a welder background.
Smart and easy use: an integrated touch screen allows saving your parameters for the next welding to achieve consistent results and save up a lot of preparation time.
High speed: laser welding speed is up to 5 m/min.
Aesthetic results: process uses a low heat application that minimizes any damage which could otherwise have been caused to the components or materials.
Works 24/7 and consumes less electricity.
Laser Welding Machines
Diodela laser welding machines are based on quasi continuous wave diode and fiber laser technology developed in Center for Physical Sciences and Technology (FTMC) for Diodela.
Laser welding machine prices starts from 12 000 Eur.
Expected laser welder lifetime > 90 000 hours.
All Diodela systems are provided with 24 months warranty and user trainings.
About The Technology
How it works
Laser welding is an industrial laser process used to join various materials together by creating a strong weld between them. This process can be used to create a strong and permanent joint between two types of material. The laser focuses a beam of high-intensity light on the desired area which physically melts two materials together to form a bond between them.
Laser welder can be used in both hand-held precise and large-scale automated workshops, allowing welding speed of 1-5m/min. Laser welding is very effective in processes which require pace, because it is >5 times faster than MIG and >10 times faster than TIG.
Although such technology is mostly used to join metals (stainless steel, copper, gold, silver and aluminium), it can also process other types of materials such as plastics and silicone.
Aesthetic final result
The laser welding method provides ultimately precision heat input to the desired area with a narrow full penetration weld which makes an aesthetic final result with close to zero welding oxidation. When thin large sheets are joined, laser welding (in many cases) is the only welding method to avoid thermal and physical distortion of the end product without additional processing. Laser welding is the best welding method to minimize loss of base material properties, such as hardness and strength. Low waste and simple maintenance make this technology user and environmentally friendly.
Laser Welding In Action
- Close to zero physical distortion: when thin large sheets are joined, laser welding avoids thermal and physical distortion of the end product without additional processing.
- Low welding oxidation: the fiber laser welding method provides ultimately precise heat input to the desired area with narrow full penetration weld which makes an aesthetic final result.
- Excellent mechanical properties: laser welding does not affect the material or its structural properties.
- Easy to operate even for welding beginners: due to Diodela laser’s ability to save up welding parameters (memory).
- Very high efficiency: laser welding is >5 times faster than MIG and >10 times faster to TIG.
- Welding of long and wide sheets.
- Cost-efficient welding solution: low energy consumption.
- Allows welding of sheets with different steel grades and dimensions.
- Relatively high single-time investment costs compared to traditional methods.
- Fiber laser welding requires a tight fit between the parts to be joined. In many cases it is best to redesign the joint locations to present overlapping surfaces.
- Limited material thickness (today’s maximum 10mm single sided).